\

News & Events: What's New

Friday, December 26, 2008

It's all in the details

I was thinking over the last few days about how to get the information to the people who want it. People like you, who are reading about what's new at Grouse Mountain.

If you're signed up to our email newsletter, you know we have about 427 different categories to choose from. Okay, I'm exaggerating - we have a dozen, and you can choose what you'd like to hear about. Hopefully you're getting most of the information you want. You can also change your preferences at any time by going through what looks like the sign-up process. Just enter your email address, then re-enter it and you'll get an email with a link to update your selections.

While email is great way for us to communicate important announcements to you, there are lots of little details that don't really warrant a message to your inbox. I mean, we know you get a lot of email, so we only want to give you the really important stuff.

It ocurred to me yesterday that I can let you know how you can get some of those less important details that might make the difference for you if you're a regular visitor to Grouse Mountain.

As you can see if you look just to the right of the screen, Grouse Mountain is on Twitter. I tweet stuff out as it seems interesting or relevant. I don't do a lot of conversational banter there, because I've never thought people really want to chat with a company much - that's like Maytag friending you up on Facebook. Just not right (no offense intended to Maytag... I'm just saying). Occasionally, however, the Grouse Mountain twitter stream will include replies to people who have asked questions.

You, however, don't need to join Twitter to get these updates. Unless, of course, you want to. Personally I love twitter - it's where I get almost all my news now, but I digress... What you can do, is subscribe to our twitter stream by RSS and get it in your Google Reader (or whatever other feed reader you use). Here is the RSS feed for Grouse Mountain's Twitter stream. Then you get the info without having to sign up somewhere new.

I could try to explain to you the type of info that goes up on Twitter, but why not just have a look and see if that's something you'd like to follow.

No comments: